Author: Emily Tidwell
We all need a quick party starter. Something you can whip out of your back pocket for a last minute soiree or, if you live in my house, a weeknight snack while dinner is being made.
That’s what I found with this quick and easy artichoke basil crostini. Not only quick, at under ten minutes to make, but delicious and healthy, this appetizer is great to have on hand. What’s even better, most the ingredients can be stored in your pantry, ready for when you need it!
I found this recipe on Pinch of Yum, you can find the link HERE.
Artichoke White Bean Basil Crostinis
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 1 cup canned or jarred artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup arugula or fresh spinach
- 1 crusty baguette
- 1-2 Tbs Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the garlic and chickpeas and about half of the basil in a food processor until finely minced and crumbly (see picture in post). Slowly add in 1-2 Tbs olive oil until texture is creamy.
- Cut the remaining basil into ribbons and chop the artichokes.
- Toss the chickpea mixture with the lemon, basil, salt, and artichoke hearts. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Add the spinach or greens just before serving. Serve on the toasted bread. Top with sprinkled lemon zest and fresh cracked pepper.