For Christmas each year, my mom always gets me a magazine subscription. It is the best gift idea for your foodie friends or hard to shop for family members who have everything! I look forward each month to getting my copy of Bon Appétit Magazine in the mail because let’s be honest, opening the mailbox to fun mail rather than a bill is so much better! I love sitting down and pouring over their glossy pages filled with beautiful photos of mouthwatering food, so that I can try to replicate their recipes in my own kitchen. This fragrant, and oh so easy warm appetizer really is the perfect party starter from Bon Appétit Magazine. It’s the perfect addition to any dinner party, holiday open house, or date night at home with your person. Throw in some crunchy bread to soak up the flavor infused oil, a glass of bubbles and you will not be disappointed. This appetizer packs a punch for your taste buds.
Original Recipe Found HERE.
Bon Appétit’s Perfect Party Starter
- Raw almonds
- Medjool dates
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Red pepper flakes
- Rosemary springs
- Crunchy Bread for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet add a handful or two of almonds and tear apart the dates removing the pits. Pour in enough olive oil so that the almonds are just about to float.
- Sprinkle sea salt and red pepper flakes over the mixture.
- Add in rosemary sprigs and a few orange peels.
- Slowly roast, stirring a couple of times for about 45-60 minutes. You want the almonds to toast and the dates to caramelize. Just keep an eye on it as everyone’s ovens are different.
- Serve directly in the cast iron skillet (careful it will be hot!) with a crunchy bread loaf to soak up all the flavors!